Saturday, 8 June 2013

Rose Galore Strawberry Botanical Painting

I have been a little quiet this week and it is because I was busy finishing my painting. I am so glad to finally have it finished! I am pretty happy with it and hope I get a decent mark.  I know that since I painted my first strawberry leaf I have really improved.  This is a scan so the colours are not as true as the original though they are pretty close. Before I mailed this off to my tutor I re-did the pencil labelling of the dissections and magnifications along the bottom.  I realized that the way it is shown here made the spacing look cramped and uneven.  So I erased it a re-wrote it in a little lower and more evenly spaced.  It looks much better but I did not have time to get it scanned again, oh well.

Now I must dive right into the next assignment which is titled, "Working in the Field".  I have really been looking forward to this one as we get to select a ecological habitat of our choice and then study it for 2 months.  I am most inspired by wild flowers so I hope it gets reflected in my work.  Upon submission we hand in one final copy  painted page of various plants in that area as well as 5 sketchbook pages with observation notes.  I have lots to do!

Two months seems like a lot of time to work on it, but it is going to go by so fast as camping season is starting. Summer goes by so fast in the north that one must make the most of every single day, especially the weekends.  My first camping trip is coming up next weekend already, I am really excited.









3 comments:

  1. This is so lovely! I love your blog (and your illustrations!) Now following you via Bloglovin :)

    Melani @ magsbeadscreation.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melani, I am glad you like my blog., thanks for following on bloglovin. I will have to check yours out too. Currently I am working on some toadstools for my next illustration. I will post a picture of them soon.

      Delete
  2. This work is very lovely and elegant. Gorgeous work. Love all the realistic detail.

    ReplyDelete