Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Blog Lovin Instead of Google Reader

I am sure most of you have now heard that Google Reader will be gone as of July 1st. Just as I am starting to build up some followers on Google Friend Connect they shut Google Reader down, frustrating indeed.  

However I am also on Blog Lovin which is a great blog reader.  If you do not already know Blog Lovin is a site that allows you to follow as many blogs as you would like and lists them all for you in one easy place.  You can choose to search out one blog or see all the latest posts from the blogs you choose to follow.  I have the app for Blog Lovin on my IPhone and it is now a favourite past time of mine as I lay in bed in the morning while waking up.  I hope that many of you who are following me currently on Google Friend Connect will also keep up with my antics and illustrations via Blog Lovin. Here is a great article from Miss Drifted Snowflake  about Blog Lovin and switching over if you are not familiar with the particulars.


Follow on Bloglovin

You can see on the side bar that I have the Blog Lovin button which will take you right to my page where you can follow me via their feed.

Have you thought about what you are going to do, if anything now that Google Reader is going to be gone?  If so I would love to hear what you have decided.  


3 comments:

  1. I love bloglovin! But am not excited they are getting rid of google reader -I've read it is just to encourage people to use google+ and they even added the option to enable commenting from there on your blog. I'm worried that soon it won't even be an option and they'll require you have a google+ account. I thought about hosting elsewhere but don't want to waste the money each month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am not keen on Goggle Reader leaving either. I agree with you that it is an incentive for people to start using Google + the problem is that I don't really like Google plus ... maybe I need to take more time to look into it but it seems rather confusing. I too worry sometimes about not owning this domain and blog technically. But at least I have my website under the same name which I could easily build another blog off of it it ever came to that. I think you did the right thing getting a domain name since it was available.

      Delete
  2. I'm leaning toward bloglovin all though the missing -g at the end of 'lovin' kind of annoys me.

    I'm another who will miss Google Reader and resents this heavy handed attempted to revitalize Google+.

    ReplyDelete