Monday, 20 May 2013

Heirloom Strawberry Blossoms

This is a practice study I have been working on in preparation for my botanical illustration, which is due this weekend! Details are very important for this assignment so I have been measuring and dissecting all the little plant parts in an effort to be as accurate as possible.  I forgot to mask out the stamens on the fruit body (the green one) before I painted the rest of it, that is why I make practice pages before I do the good copy.  I still have lots of work to do on the leaves and the roots... still to come.

Heirloom vegetables and plants are really on the come back.  So I was happy to find this lovely variety, "Berri-Basket Rose"with such vibrant pink petals.  I look forward to finding out what the berries taste like.

I am trying to show the flower in three different stages of growth.  Looking forward to getting this one finished and sent off.













No comments:

Post a Comment