Saturday, 2 March 2013

Illustrated Product Review - Cover Girl Gloss Balm

I am branching out a little from botanical painting (excuse the pun). I love painting plants, however there are many other things that also inspire me.  I am planning to illustrate a product I really like about once a month and post it for all to see.  Yes you know where I am headed with this... excuses to buy things I want to try!  lol.  Well thats not the only reason, I also look forward to painting different subjects.

Of course it will not always be cosmetics, I also want to do an illustrated cupcake review sometime.  That can be my excuse to make decadent desserts for no special occasion.

I am currently infatuated with Cover Girl Nature Luxe Gloss Balms.  I have not bought a Cover Girl product probably since I graduated from high school.  I have no idea why, maybe it was the temptation of waiting for the Clinique bonus kits to be available at the Hudson's Bay Company every spring?

The other day I really needed a little "pick me up" so I strolled into the People's Drug Mart with temptation in my heart.  I have not bought cosmetics for a long time.  Now I am addicted to CG gloss balm... they were on sale.


This is a quick watercolour illustration I did of the CG Nature Luxe Gloss Balm.

My favorite shades are, (starting top left going clockwise) Anemone, Peony, Hibiscus, and Marble. I want to clarify that this is not a paid Cover Girl ad/review.  I was just so pleasantly surprised that the gloss balm is just as it states, a gloss and a balm.  I live in a very cold climate, I never end up wearing lipstick because my lips are always dry and cracked.  CG Gloss Balm solved both my problems, by soothing my cracked lips while adding a nice pop of colour without looking too "painted on". Lastly I was pleased to see that SPF 15 sunscreen is included in the lovely Nature Luxe gloss balm collection.




11 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Congrats on being the featured guest on the Meet and Greet Blog Hop! I am a new follower via GFC. Please visit me at my blog...www.musingsofavintagejunkie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any lip gloss or balms! I'm an addict, too! At least they were on sale when you bought them.

    New follower from the blog hop. Thanks for co-hosting. Hope you can stop by my blog and follow me back.

    Phylicia
    http://heartsncraftsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might just be the solution I need to keep my husband from taking my lip balm and misplacing it.

    "a quick watercolour illustration I did" -- you are so talented, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad you like it. Yes I also like the perk that Keenan is not drawn to pocket these lovely gloss balms ;) I too have experienced that problem.

      Delete
  4. I discovered your blog through Created By Laurie on the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. I am a new follower here! I enjoy the variety of your posts.I give you the link to my blog, if you like my projects, I invite you to follow me.
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so talented! New follower via the meet and greet hop.

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, your blog looks great. Thank you for following me.

      Delete
  6. Sweet idea to do an illustrated product review!

    I love Covergirl products, I use their foundation and then a lip balm too, in a pinkish-orange hue. Looks like you got some great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your illustrated product review is awesome! I like how you added the different shades on the side. It's always nice to find a great product, isn't it?
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, indeed a good lip product is a valuable thing to find :)

      Delete
  8. OH gosh, I LOVE this idea! Furthermore, this is my favorite beauty product right now! I haven't branched out to the shades you mentioned, though. My go-to color is Pinot!

    ReplyDelete