Monday, 11 February 2013

The Colours of Winter

February Part.1 


I am always very inspired by nature and even on the cold bleak days of winter there are interesting and lovely colours to be found.  This is the first instalment of a bi-monthly column I am going to write, covering each season.  

Each post I will show a picture that I have taken somewhere out in nature, and I will then pull a colour palette from it.  And just because I love it, I will name each colour in the palette I have created.

I am very excited to have a look back on all these posts once I have covered an entire year and can easily see how all the colour variations unfold.

This is a picture I took while snow shoeing at Morfee Lake about 5 minutes away from my house. It has been a pretty warm winter this year though there is still plenty of snow.










6 comments:

  1. Great idea for a monthly post. Love the photo and can't wait to see these throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly.... I can't wait until Spring!!!!! A long way off yet but I can dream.

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely picture and a great idea! I'm always a bit jealous of everyone who gets a true winter holiday - it never snows in the southern + central coast of California!

    x, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors of winter! =0)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea for a blog post. Also it's going to provide insight into your psyche.

    (This is Nancy from the library -- I finally found your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay!!! You found my blog, thanks for stopping by. Yes it will be neat to see how the colours or the season posts evolve. As you know I am afraid there is going to be a lot of blue, grey and white still to come.

      Delete