Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Kitten Growing Pains


Today my dearest kitten Pippa got spayed.  I was not looking forward to taking her in for it, but I know that not doing it would be irresponsible as a pet owner.  I know if she had kittens one day they would be adorable.  But I would not be able to part with any of them as you never know if a kitten goes to a good home. Something tells me my family might not see eye to eye with me keeping an entire litter of kittens, thus we have now avoided that possibility all together. There are far too many homeless cats and kittens as it is. I got Pippa for free last October from a young family that listed their kittens online.  I always hope that after people get all their kittens homes that they get the mom spayed. Unfortunately I do not think that always happens.  Even though I felt guilty today taking her into the Vet office, I know I made the right decision.

She is doing alright now, a little groggy and in a sour mood, though if I had just been spayed I would be too.  I also had the option to to get an ID tattoo in her ear for no extra charge.  So I opted in for the tattoo.  Now if she ever goes missing (heaven forbid) any vet or shelter can look up her tattoo number and contact me.

I am supposed to not allow her to run around the house or jump up on anything.  Much easier said than done!

Here she is yesterday rolling in some dried catnip



And now tonight, the poor kitten is feeling a little sorry for herself and her fresh "ink".




19 comments:

  1. Poor Pippa. I definitely think it's the responsible thing to do, even if it means you have to look at her shaved belly for many long months till the fur grows back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I know her cute little white tummy is now bare!!

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful! You did the right thing. You also don't want her spraying all over the place when she's in heat and can't find a male companion. It's uncomfortable for her (and you)!

    Alex[andra]
    letlifebelikemusic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the surgery went okay! I can't imagine trying to get a kitten to sit still, what a challenge! But I guess rolling in the catnip helps make her sleepy haha

    And great choice to get the tattoo, worth it just in case...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! Hopefully she is feeling better.
    I have always gotten my pets spayed/neutered, as much fun as babies are- I think it is the responsible thing to do. We recently moved to Hawaii with Hubby's work, and I was surprised to find out it is routine to microchip your cats here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie

      Yes I have heard of this new microchip business, how high tec! Well even if it is now "passe" pippa will be sporting the tattoo :)

      Delete
  5. Aaaww...Poor kitty! That's cool that the tattoo was free of charge.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute!

    http://newbloodstyle-hautecouture.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cat! Having pets is such a responsibility and not to be taken lightly. Please give sweet Pippa a hug from me! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  8. You kitten is super duper cute!
    Newest follower from the blog hop!

    Cheers,
    Messy

    www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following from the Meet & Greet hop :) Your kitty is super cute, btw :)
    canvas-of-a-face.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute kitty! it's never fun having to get your cat spayed :(

    new follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww.. Poor kitty! It's such a bummer when you have to take them in for stuff like that, because even though you know it's for their own good they just look so sad and miserable. But she'll cheer up soon enough. :)
    New follower from the blog hop over here. I'd love it if you checked out my blog in return, I post random pictures of my kitties on occasion. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!
    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, poor kitty. I remember when we brought our cat home after surgery. She looked so vulnerable.

    I'm a new follower too. From the blog hop.

    Have a fantastic week, Darlene
    http://darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww, poor thing. That's definitely an impressive stink eye she's got there.

    Following from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww poor kitteh!!! she's so cute!

    congrats on being featured on the blog hop! following :)

    Melanie
    The 5th Level of Motherhood

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! New follower from the blog hop! (Bloglovin') Love your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute kitteh! Following from Meet & Greet blog hop!

    Gabs(Beautymadness)

    http://beautymadn3ss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Under the gudiance of physicians, you should insert microchips beneath the shoulder of pet,cat. In this way, your pet does not get suffered from any kind of side-effects.



    Microchips For Cats

    ReplyDelete