Saturday, 23 February 2013

Acorn Squash Sketch Book Study


This is a quick study I did of an Acorn Squash, which will be my subject for my vegetable assignment. I plan to have 3 squash in the final painting.  This larger green squash, a smaller orange and green squash, and then a cross section of another smaller squash that will show the seeds inside of it.  I hope it all works out.  I am still just fiddling around working out the techniques I will use to create the blended colours, speckles and discolourations.  

The colours that I used for this study are, French Ultramarine, Winsor Orange, Sap Green, and Hooker's Green. With only 3 or 4 pigments you can mix an amazing range of natural looking colours.  All my watercolour paints are Winsor & Newton Artist's watercolour tubes.








No comments:

Post a Comment