Well, if you were expecting a bright-eyed keen young student intern, think again.
My most trusted and loyal accomplice is also possibly the most adorable cat ever. I have created a page for Pippa, since I could see myself quickly posting all about her, and not so much of my art. Please see the "Studio Assistant" link to the page along the top of the blog, I am posting this first introduction here just to give her a little publicity boost.
Pippa is very affectionate 5 month old kitten, she is also very taken with watercolours and enjoys "borrowing" my art supplies whenever she can get her little paws on something.
* A quick safety note to all animal lovers.... she is not allowed in my studio alone and so I keep a close eye on her so she does not get into anything that could be harmful. I know I sound like an over worried parent.... but I pretty much am.
At times my "studio assistant" is less than helpful at crucial times of adding fine details and lines to projects... thus she "gets let off early" on those days.
On her discretionary time Pippa enjoys any sort of toy that can be tossed or pounced on. She has a strong affinity to any material that makes a crinkling noise and her future goals in life are:
1. Finally catch the pull cord on the blinds for good
2. Successfully climb curtains from floor to ceiling
3. Be able to fit under the couch again (good luck with that one)
4. Eat a house plant without being caught
5. Convince me that a kneaded eraser is in fact a cat toy and not a useful art tool
|Pay attention to ME!!!|
|Did you know that I just shredded an entire toilet paper roll? .... just thought you should know|
|crinkle....yet slightly different...... crinkle....... crinkle|