Saturday, 12 January 2013

The Studio Assistant


Well, if you were expecting a bright-eyed keen young student intern, think again.

My most trusted and loyal accomplice is also possibly the most adorable cat ever.  I have created a page for Pippa, since I could see myself quickly posting all about her, and not so much of my art. Please see the "Studio Assistant" link to the page along the top of the blog, I am posting this first introduction here just to give her a little publicity boost.

Pippa is very affectionate 5 month old kitten, she is also very taken with watercolours and enjoys "borrowing" my art supplies whenever she can get her little paws on something. 

* A quick safety note to all animal lovers.... she is not allowed in my studio alone and so I keep a close eye on her so she does not get into anything that could be harmful. I know I sound like an over worried parent.... but I pretty much am.

At times my "studio assistant" is less than helpful at crucial times of adding fine details and lines to projects... thus she "gets let off early" on those days. 

On her discretionary time Pippa enjoys any sort of toy that can be tossed or pounced on. She has a strong affinity to any material that makes a crinkling noise and her future goals in life are:

1. Finally catch the pull cord on the blinds for good
2. Successfully climb curtains from floor to ceiling
3. Be able to fit under the couch again (good luck with that one)
4. Eat a house plant without being caught
....and finally
5. Convince me that a kneaded eraser is in fact a cat toy and not a useful art tool
Pay attention to ME!!!

Did you know that I just shredded an entire toilet paper roll?    .... just thought you should know

Crinkle.....crinkle....crinkle

crinkle....yet slightly different...... crinkle....... crinkle



11 comments:

  1. Awww how adorable! She's so small and I love her little white paws too.

    Our "kitten" will be one next month, but she's still wild as ever haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute cat :)
    I'm your new follower , hop to my blog maybe ? :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly cute! Lucky assistant gets her own page. =0)
    Love the photo with her and the crinkle!
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your assistant is a lot of help...hahaha...she's adorable...named after a certain princess's sister? A new follower from the Meet and Greet Blog Hop. Would luv if you could stop by my blog as well.

    Anne Marie
    http://moanasuniquedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh she is so cute!!! how do you get any work done?!..she must be a big help!!!!
    I am your newest follower ..pls follow back if you can,
    btw...my last name is pipa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annmarie

      Yes at times it is hard to get work done with her "whiskering" around in everything. Those are the days that the assistant get "let off early". :)

      Delete
  6. hahah aw pippa! that first picture of her killed me. and did she really stuff herself under the couch?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marien

      Yes she does try to stuff herself under the couch...still, but to no avail now... when she was very small she could fit and now she is baffled that she cannot get under there anymore.

      :)

      Delete
  7. I'm now your newest follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier :-)
    ~Tammy
    PinkSparkleAndLace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so cute, I haw two cats and they are always getting themselves into the strangest places! One even went under the bath!! We had to dismantal the front to squeeze her back out. I am your newest follower and currently the featured blog on the blog hop http://beautylifeandbabies.blogspot.co.uk/ would love a follow back x Kayleigh x

    ReplyDelete